[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Mon Oct 16 17:37:36 AEST 2006

At 11:49 AM 16/10/2006, Geoff Ramadan wrote:

>Karl Auer wrote:
>>On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 22:12 +1000, Geoffrey Ramadan wrote:
>>>surface appears to conform to the 4 basic RFID privacy resolutions (from
>>>the world's data protection and privacy commission)
>>>1) data not linked to personal information
>>>2) person fully informed
>>>3) only use data for what it was intended for
>>>4) able to delete or disable RFID tag
>>Are these the only four?!? What about a person's choice not to take
>>part?
>

>The world's data protection and privacy commission only come up with four.
>
>The right not to take part is a given.

Nothing is EVER a GIVEN.  It's it's not listed in the LAW as something you
CAN do, then assume that it's something you can NOT do without first
getting permission!

>He can choose to follow the Airports procedures or he can go to another
>airport.

Isn't it funny how it's always the little guy - the one that pays the wages
of the airport, that has to just "go with it"

I guess if the little guy stood out the front with a sign saying 'Stand up
for your rights' people might boycott the airport.

But then, with the worlds apathy, ....