[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Mon Oct 16 20:40:53 AEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:39:47PM +1000, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Geoff Ramadan wrote:
> >I agree... the future of people tracking will be via facial recognition.
> >You want need RFID.
>
> I quite like the current series of ANZ Advertisements on this topic.

i don't. i think they're repulsive. i also think they're designed not
to tout ANZ's attention to security, but to trivialise security and
to depict anyone who actually cares about security as a short and
awkward geek who is willing to go through a ridiculous and inconvenient
rigamarole and still end up locking themselves out - when they could
have just knocked on the door and asked to be let in, as anyone with any
sense would have done.

which pretty much sums up the banking industry's attitude to security
issues (incl. phishing), which is that it's a hard problem to actually
solve and that it is much cheaper to treat it as a perception problem
(on the part of customers, whether victims of a security attack or not)
that can be spin-doctored out of existence.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)