[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Mon Oct 16 22:56:11 AEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:32:47PM +1000, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> In a phrase - I agree absolutely.  The advert demonstrates nothing other
> than the ability of an ad agency to rip off a client.

no, it doesn't.

the ads aren't incompetence on the part of the ad agency, they're the agency
fulfilling their brief as requested by their client.

i.e. it's not a screwup, or a dumb idea that somehow didn't get checked,
it's deliberate memetic engineering. the intended purpose of the
campaign is to trivialise security and discredit anyone who cares about
it.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)