[LINK] Schneier: Renew Your Passport Now!

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Mon Oct 16 22:49:23 AEST 2006

I scrapped my current passport last year, before the RFID-chip came
in, and got a new one.  Why?  Because I don't know what's in the
chip, and I don't know how the scheme works - and I have the
professional competence to understand this technology, and I was a
participant in the farce that the Passports Office pretended was a
consultation process.

I write a bit, and people read it (not up to some people's scores,
but 3.5 million hits this year presumably means something).  So I
should have explained to people what I did, and why.  I didn't.
Bruce Schneier has.

(I'm doubly-embarrassed, because I conscientiously object to the new,
grossly-invasive Census, and arranged not to be anywhere on Census
night.  But I haven't got around to writing that up either).

http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0610.html

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong