[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Mon Oct 16 23:09:09 AEST 2006

At 06:51 PM 16/10/2006, Geoff Ramadan wrote:

>Adam Todd wrote:
>>At 11:49 AM 16/10/2006, Geoff Ramadan wrote:
>>Isn't it funny how it's always the little guy - the one that pays the
>>wages of the airport, that has to just "go with it"
>>I guess if the little guy stood out the front with a sign saying 'Stand
>>up for your rights' people might boycott the airport.
>>But then, with the worlds apathy, ....
>
>Adam
>
>How does protecting the privacy rights of passenger usurp the Government
>and Industries issues and responsibility in ensuring the safety of passengers?

I guess I see it like this.  Government and Industry avoided responsibility
for the safety of not only passengers, but thousands of people who were
killed in 911.

I see that the reality is, you can't stop a bomb or attack taking place, if
it's already happened or happening.

I see that even in our own society, we are more worried about something
that is happening in another country, under the guise of false pretence,
than the families and problems in our own country.

Oh does it matter?  We're at, or if not near enough, to the peak of the
human cycle.  I hadn't expected it to happen at this point in my life, but
no doubt we'll be on the downward run, maybe in my life time I might
actually see the bottom of the slide.

>Also, no one has yet explained what rights are exactly at issue?

OK, I agree, to some degree, that the whole issue is nearly mute.  But I
don't want anyone tracking my movements anywhere.  I have enough trouble
shaking a psychopathic father without having tracking devices attached to me!

Do we want ordinary people to become labeled as paranoid, until the
stalking and victimisation of them is founded?

Isn't it better to prevent these issues in our society, than to let them
compound?

>How does it conflict with the 4 basic RFID privacy resolutions?

How does putting RFIDS on people enhance security?

A Terrorists isn't going to have an RFID on them!  DUH!

I even turn my mobile phone OFF when I go to places I don't wish to be
"logged" at.

>What is the problem?

It's all a false pretence.