[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Oct 18 13:32:57 AEST 2006

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
> Jan Whitaker [jwhit at melbpc.org.au] wrote:
>
>>Just like the smartcard debate, the back office use of
>>data is often the unseen problem from the consumer perspective, as is
>>lack of breadth to whom these codes apply.
>

> here is jan yet again pretending she has some special insight into the
> consumer.  I wonder what magic potion she is talking to get this
> mystical insight? or how she got elect by consumers to be a
> representative?
Coming at this from a Governance perspective, who are the stakeholders,
who can affect the outcomes.

*IT Vendor (creating  a market)
*Consumer (though I prefer Passenger , which I sometimes happen to be
and therefore welcomes discussion of the issues from as many sides as
possible, in order to guess at the risks to me personally)
*Government, who lets hope include Safety of people and infrastructue
amongst their other interests in this
*Airport Operator (want to meet government security requirements and
maximise passenger/air traffic at optimum efficiency - though in Sydney
they seem to want to run shops as well)
*Airlines (want to limit risks to their staff, passengers and capital
and would probably like to refuse to carry football teams)
others?

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz