[LINK] Airport to tag passengers

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Thu Oct 19 14:27:27 AEST 2006

At 10:35 AM 19/10/2006, Antony Barry wrote:

>On 19/10/2006, at 9:06 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
>
>>We seem to be moving to this by default. I was trained to remove my
>>identity card when leaving the workplace for security reasons. But
>>everyone else seems to wear their identity card at lunchtime at the
>>mall. A high resolution camera would be able to read these and
>>track everyone.
>
>I have a digital camera with a 12:1 zeiss zoom lens with an
>electronic image stabilser. It looks like an ordinary camera. No huge
>lens sticking out the front. I think I can get a good image of number
>plates from over 200 metres. I could certainly pick up details on a
>name tag from 30 metres. Not that I've tried. I've got lots of
>pictures of grandchildren, birds, lizards and insects though.

Actually since about 1999 I've been doing this routinely as part of any
Security Assessment consultation.

Sit in the local shops or outside the building, take photos of staff, who
they talk to, number plates etc.

It's amazing how many times I can enter a building during an assessment by
flashing what appears to look like a card.  If I'm questioned I simply say
"I'm new, came in late last night and just reporting for duty."

And if desperate I give the name of a staff member who walked out the door
a few minutes earlier and say I'm going to their office!

Then I report to the Client in their office, normally shocked to see me!