[LINK] ICANN phishing

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Oct 28 09:25:15 AEST 2006

At 02:26 AM 28/10/2006, Kim Davies wrote:
>This is a service where you effectively grant power of attorney for your
>domain to your registrar, and they mask your details and promise to
>forward contact to you.

I get that as a freebie from my US registrar and was pleased to have
it. If there are issues with my domain, then they will forward any
contacts. It keeps my personal details off the radar of people who go
to WHOIS because it's an easy 'get'. I've also suggested that as a
selection factor to people looking around for a domain registrar.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005