[LINK] re: Make Australian Government Publications Open Access?, NLA, Canberra, 25 October

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Oct 30 08:36:25 AEDT 2006

I wrote Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:22:42 +1000:

>My talk  for the Canberra Society of Editors ... proposing the
>Australian Government adopt ... Creative Commons
>licence  <http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/epublishing.shtml>.

At the Web Standards Group meeting on Thursday, Tim Dale from the
Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO),
mentioned that revised government web guidelines would be released in
December and aligned with the print guidelines. I asked Tim if this
could include a revised Commonwealth Copyright notice incorporating a
Creative Commons licence. He seemed to like the idea and said it
would be looked at.

ps: Tim was the September speaker at the Canberra Society of Editors
<http://www.editorscanberra.org/Sep06.pdf>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Director, ACS Communications Tech Board   http://www.acs.org.au/ctb/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml