[LINK] nominate a well designed website for once

Robin Whittle rw at firstpr.com.au
Fri Sep 1 11:25:46 AEST 2006

Here is a site which I think is very well designed:

  http://www.railtrails.org.au/

It has a navigation menu on every page, without frames - and the CSS
arrangements make it disappear when printing.  There are good maps and a
built-in search facility.

Decorative graphics are not too distracting, and somehow the bottom
graphic of people riding over bridges always adapts to the window width.

Also, the Victorian Government map site I referred to recently:

  http://nremap-sc.nre.vic.gov.au/MapShare.v2/imf.jsp?site=sfrimap
  http://www.firstpr.com.au/geog/elevation/

makes excellent use of Javascript for the user interface of a powerful
and useful mapping system, with PDF generation.

  - Robin