[LINK] RFI: Multi-User Capability on User Machines

Chris Maltby chris at sw.oz.au
Mon Sep 4 16:06:56 AEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 02:19:53PM +1000, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, they still don't.  You can get Remote Access,
> Remote Assistance and Terminal Services, but it is hardly multiuser
> ala Unix/Linux/OSX

I'm with Howard on this. The standard end-user device has a single
active user session. That session can be remote when there isn't a
user using the keyboard/video/mouse. Or a remote assistant can share
your session if you permit it.

You can have lots of inactive users, or get one of the server editions
which allow multiple active "terminal" sessions, but your MS PC is
still a "personal" computer.

Chris