[LINK] RFI: Multi-User Capability on User Machines

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Sep 4 16:23:47 AEST 2006

At 04:06 PM 4/09/2006, Chris Maltby wrote:

>You can have lots of inactive users, or get one of the server editions
>which allow multiple active "terminal" sessions, but your MS PC is
>still a "personal" computer.

How do you interpret file sharing via a router? I realise it's not sharing
cpu time, but there must be some concept of multiuser in terms of
resources. And as far as I know, I haven't installed a server to handle it,
unless file sharing is a low level server???

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005