[LINK] Moved to Linux

Glen Turner glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Mon Sep 11 18:01:46 AEST 2006

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> not if you want to keep your sanity or are really determined to keep
> your workstations locked down - and don't start about "think about the
> users and their personal quirks", workstations are tools to get a job
> done, not toys to tinker with.

Interestingly, I'm seeing this attitude around the place
now -- "I'm a contractor/student/consultant, it's my laptop,
keep your hands off. The network and printing just work off
my ADSL router at home, so I can't understand why you mob
can't do the same".

In that world view computers aren't just tools for work.
They're toys too.