[LINK] the Telstra TruJerko Trio

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Sep 13 12:24:47 AEST 2006

Craig Sanders wrote:
<snip>

>>In my view, there was no choice but to sell off the rest of Telstra.
>>Whether the analysts are talking the price up or down is for investors
>>in T3 to decide. There are a large chunk of public servants (and
>>politicians?), whose super is in the future fund, who are pondering
>>this very issue.
>

> i can't quite see what your point is - unless you're trying to say that
> it's OK to steal if you're doing it to pay off a debt?

forget the debt...the government has enough in their coffers already to
pay of debt if they wanted to.

...but do you think having a half privatised entity is in your best
interests...what we have now is a half political half financial
organisation....to whom is Telstra accountable now?

> (and no, it isn't just up to the investors to decide. as a citizen
> of this country, i am indirectly a part owner of telstra and i most
> certainly have a right to object when i see those who are supposed to be
> managing that asset on my behalf conspiring to give it away at a bargain
> price.  Howard and Co. are stealing from the public as well as from the
> T1 & T2 share-holders)

...this is the point I was trying to  make we need to
differente voters/citizens (the term public is too nebulous and
consumers is offensive)
from taxpayers (some of whom are companies not to mention telstra
itself) as current stakeholders in Telstra.

As we don't know the deal on T3 or the date for the next federal
election...there is a lot of posturing and putting flags up poles.

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications