[LINK] DVD chips 'to kill illegal copying'

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Wed Sep 20 12:39:24 AEST 2006

At 08:12 AM 20/09/2006, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>Adam Todd wrote:

>>>...this is what I would like to know. So far my experience with using
>>>DVD as the distribution medium has not been good...I am back onto
>>>playing with CDROM and video encoding.
>>
>>I've had no trouble with DVD burns as small distribution.  You really
>>need GOOD burning software, a GOOD MASTER (as you do for pressing anyway)
>>and good burners.
>...I haven't got to the bottom of the problem the recipient had with
>reading the DVD.... but it is international distribution...

Yep I send out DVD's globally.  Your problem may well be sending DVD's you
make in Australia to the USA.  You will be making PAL encoded video and
sending it to the USA where for some reason they aren't hip and up with
technology like Australia and use only NTSC.

In Australia, most DVD players and most modern TV's automagically do
PAL/NTSC (either version)/SECAM and a few others.