[LINK] DVD chips 'to kill illegal copying'

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Sep 20 12:54:52 AEST 2006

At 12:39 PM 20/09/2006, Adam Todd wrote:
>Yep I send out DVD's globally.  Your problem may well be sending DVD's you
>make in Australia to the USA.  You will be making PAL encoded video and
>sending it to the USA where for some reason they aren't hip and up with
>technology like Australia and use only NTSC.

I have wondered about this and sent one of those free Kath and Kim DVDs to
my sister. They could play it, no problem. ???

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005