[LINK] Copies of your own postings to link

Robin Whittle rw at firstpr.com.au
Wed Apr 4 13:41:20 AEST 2007

Mailman has a pesky setting which can stop the sending of list
message to you, if your address is in the Cc: or To: as well as the
mailing list address.

This means that if you do local sorting of mail into mailboxes, in
an attempt to create an archive, the archive will be missing any
message which was Cc:ed to you.

I checked my configuration at the Edit Options thingo of:

It is the very last option.

  Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

  When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
  message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing
  list. Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list;
  select No to receive copies.

This defaults to Yes.

I think this is a bad idea.  I have set mine to No.

 - Robin