[LINK] A consumer's experience

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Apr 7 15:06:42 AEST 2007

At 02:46 PM 7/04/2007, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>The thing is, I signed up for a year, and now would have to pay $100
>to break the contract. I wonder if I am within my rights to simply
>churn, not pay breakage fee and wish them a not so fond goodbye?
>(I suspect their problems are because of Optus, but, hey, that's
>not my problem!)

I would think you would have grounds for non-performance. Start with
them with a complaint and see if they can rectify. If not, ratchet up
to Fair Trading or TIO.

Out of curiosity I just checked my connection up time. Last I looked
it was over 1200 hours of continuous connection. But now it says 91
hours. I got a report saying there had been a reconnect a few days
ago. That must have been it. I missed it happening.

I've been with Internode since November and haven't looked back.
Billing happens with a pay anybody arrangement from my account 2-3
days before billing. There have been a few DNS glitches, but that
sorts itself out pretty quickly, which tells me their sysadmins are
on the ball. Download performance is always at the high end, unlike
my experience with TSN previously. Tons of overhead traffic for my
needs for the price. So far, excellent!

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005