[LINK] the weather makers

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 22:33:35 AEST 2007

On 2007/Apr/07, at 12:49 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 08:15 PM 7/04/2007, Kim Holburn wrote:
>> The evidence of climate change is overwhelming and while oil is a big
>> problem, the major problem is coal.
>
> Does he talk about types of coal?

Yes.  Most of the Chinese coal is much dirtier than our black coal.
All coal is mostly carbon and nearly all has impurities like uranium
among many!

> Brown or soft coal, like I believe we have here, is worse that hard
> coal that we had in parts of the US used for steel making and
> industrial purposes.

Australia has different types of coal.  Exporting it is one of our
biggest industries.  A quick search of the tubes reveals: The CIA
fact book strangely doesn't have a breakdown for coal but it says:
Austalia Total Exports $117 billion per year.  The Australian Coal
Industry says it exports 24.5 Billion a year.  I'm not an economist
though.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant