[SPAM?] Re: [LINK] telstra must be desparate

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Apr 16 16:25:27 AEST 2007

Roger Clarke wrote:

> I say 'just a moment please', and put the receiver on the desk.  But I
> agree that has a more rapid cut-out time than your approach. Better
> would be 'oh, really, yes, that would be *good*!  I just need to let the
> dog out the door.  Just a moment please'.  But I don't have the patience

telemarketers east of here must be much more aggressive than they are
here.  I simply say "thanks but we're not interested, thanks for the
call, bye" and put the phone down.

Polite, to the point and takes no time at all.

These people on the other end are doing a job they're paid to do.  Not
one you or I would choose to do obviously but perhaps they dont have
much choice.

Why the game playing?

cheers
brenda