Linux on LaptopsRe: [LINK] (no subject)

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Tue Apr 24 09:27:42 AEST 2007

An update:

I downloaded Feisty last night and did a complete reinstallation. I think the word I'm looking for is "miraculous".

The TV tuner works (far, far, far better than it does under Vista), all the problems I had with Edgy seem to have disappeared, the installation of the Nvidia drivers was simple and flawless though I haven't got the Beryl eye candy working yet (not that it's important). The bluetooth mouse is detected, though it doesn't work as a mouse - there must be something simple that'll fix that if only I knew what it was. ;-) The inbuilt webcam is detected but seems to need drivers.

Feisty Fawn may yet convert me to Ubuntu from SuSE. I love my new Linux laptop!

Fred