[LINK] Thanks .. and two new email client releases.

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Apr 26 09:31:21 AEST 2007

Craig Sanders wrote:
<snip>
> (BTW, apparently even the ATO's etax software runs under Wine if you
> have the msttcorefonts package installed. i didn't know that until
> today).
<snip>
Shock horror...I even recall seeing mention that the ATO is even looking
at a native linux application.

but all I could find was...
> Looking even further ahead we will redevelop e-tax to make it compatible with any computer system that has internet access. We will test this with a small group of users in 2008, aiming to make it available more broadly in future years - pending the success of the trials.

at<http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/83847.htm>

I confess, to not bothering with e-tax since as an early adopter July
2000 I lodged some returns but gave up the following year when they were
unable to support their own upgrade.

Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au/
Telephone: 0414-869202