[LINK] Link Nomination

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Aug 9 07:00:44 AEST 2007

Eleanor Lister wrote:

> Paul Bolger wrote:
>> Is it a car ad? The only clue I have is 'Audi' in the page title. I'm
>> still waiting for it to load - a black screen and strange whooshing
>> noises for over five minutes. The phrase "It'd be quicker to walk"
>> comes to mind.
>>
>> On 08/08/07, stephen at melbpc.org.au <stephen at melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Link Nomination: "Most Money Spent on an Aussie Web Ad"
>>>
>>>   <http://www.notforeveryone.com.au/
>
> it makes my head hurt

It is a well-executed waste of electrons that used 100% of my CPU and
heaps of bandwidth. Flash is a total abomination. If that ad was
implemented as an MPEG it would have used about 1/100 the CPU and bandwidth
resources. The interactivity provided by the ad was useless and stupid:

"It's not rocket surgery" ?

The people that put so much effort into this crap are a waste of
oxygen.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a
little ironic since we may not have one.
      -- Arthur C Clarke