[LINK] Churning broadband from Telstra?

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Wed Aug 29 13:21:24 AEST 2007

We just "churned" our broadband from Telstra Bigpond to iiNet. I rang
today, a week or so after the event, to double check that the Telstra
side was finished, gone, no more charges.

Glad I did.

The Telstra BigPond account was still active and was still costing us
each month. Now I don't know if iiNet failed to carry out some step or
other, but this is definitely a trap for young players.

If you change ISP by "churning" (which is generally the cheapest way to
do it), make sure, when the move is complete, that your old ISP has
closed your account and is no longer charging you.

Regards, K.

PS: To their credit, Telstra backdated the account closure to the last
date I used their ADSL.