[LINK] NetAlert Campaign 'truth' finally coming out

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Sat Dec 15 11:40:49 AEDT 2007

On 15/12/2007, at 10:59 AM, Stilgherrian wrote:

> Even in "real life", we meed "strangers" all the time.

'We' is not equal to 'children'. Children are generally brought up
(rightly or wrongly - it's a sad reflection of our industrialised
urbanist society) to avoid contact with strangers.

The conjunction of 'danger' with 'stranger' has been around longer
than the past coalition government in Australia. And it is generally
used to reinforce values in young children at school (and sometimes in
the home). This is nothing new. It's a shame that a government decided
to step into this territory.

> <snip>

> How many of us met a "stranger" last week? I'd wager that it was
> more than
> half of us!

Uh oh, there's that 'more than 50%' again...

iT