[LINK] Vale Cyril Brookes

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Sun Dec 16 22:50:27 AEDT 2007

This sad news was passed on to me by ex-linker Ann Moffat.

Apologies to those who didn't know Cyril.  But among a few other
things he BHP's CTO and CIO c. 1970 - when steel was still bigger
than telecomms, and he was the first Prof. of Information Systems in
Australia, at UNSW 1974-94 (and supervised my Masters thesis).  I was
due to catch up with him again shortly, for only the second time in
20 years.

Dear All

Sadly our dear friend Brooksey passed away yesterday.

This was the result of a tragic accident near his home yesterday morning.

A truck was delivering a load of timber and it fell on top of him.

He was due to go fishing today with two of the Grand kids.

I am sure you are as shocked as I am.

I will keep you informed when more is known.

Len

Len Rust
Dialog Technology Management
Publisher of the Rust Report
PO Box 437
Roseville NSW 2069
Mob: 0413 588 728
<http://www.rustreport.com.au>www.rustreport.com.au

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong