[LINK] For-profit publishers getting ready to trash-talk open access

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Thu Feb 1 19:21:40 AEDT 2007

At 06:45 PM 1/02/2007, rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au wrote:
>I love the 'moral equivalence' ...
>
>>The consultant advised them to focus on simple messages, such as
>>"Public access equals government censorship".
>"Transparent lie" hardly even begins to cover it. If I choose to publish,
>the price at which I publish has no impact on someone else's freedom to
>publish...

Yep totally agree.  I publish some of my film works for free.  It doesn't
affect the price people will pay for the publications that aren't free.  In
fact in some cases people "toss in a bit more" because they want to do more.

And in just a few hours Suzanne (my wife's) first documentary will Debut in
the USA:

W GEORGE: A Weapon of Mass Distraction

I was showing it on a train the other day on the way back from the Supreme
Court and about 30 people gathered around to watch it and were really
complimentary - and that was before they realised it was connected to me!