[LINK] Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Feb 8 10:30:19 AEDT 2007

At 08:59 AM 8/02/2007, Karl Auer wrote:
> > > The tram company had these nippy little orange cars fitted with
> > > compressed air nozzles that they would line up with the tracks; they
> > > would zip along the tram tracks going "FSSST! FSSST!". Must have been a
> > > really fun job.

Maybe we need this on the Melbourne trains instead of the duct tape
and water hose tests they've been conducting the Siemens trains'
braking systems as exposed on TV last night. Evidently the UK offices
of the company have nil knowledge of supposed high-tech engineering
testing that we've been told is going on over there. I believe the
Connex scandal is about to blow up if you haven't been following that one.

Question: how have we moved from cash to dispute climate study to
faulty transport systems on a list that is supposed to be about
internet and IT issues?  <Tony.....>

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005