[LINK] why calm, rational thought is required....

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 13 12:29:04 AEDT 2007

Howard writes:

> You don't consider the tactics of Family First and Exclusive Brethren
> extreme and undue pressure?

Of course I do ... when they go against what I want in a society.

But when they happen to coincide with what I want  --  like their recent
vocal condemnation of the treatment of David Hicks -- then I find them
reasonable and rational, and support their actions.

That's how everyone thinks.  And that's how the system works.

The religious zealots can only attain power to the degree the surrounding
society allows them.

That's what makes this a democracy.

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia