[LINK] why calm, rational thought is required....

Stewart Fist stewart_fist at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 13 16:33:00 AEDT 2007

Adam writes

> Actually the definition of "pornography" means anything that offends a
> person.  It doesn't have to be sexual in nature

Actually the definition of "pornography" is whatever the community currently
mean by "pornography".  And that doesn't include things that the community
currently *doesn't* mean by "pornography"

Definitions aren't absolutes, nor is there an Oxford-dictatorship of words.

Current usage is what matters, and in current usage "pornography" means girl
with donkey, and two men ... , and you all know exactly what I mean without
needing me to spell it out.

Which precisely illustrates my point.

It doesn't mean cricket matches on TV.

--
Stewart Fist, writer, journalist, film-maker
70 Middle Harbour Road, LINDFIELD, 2070, NSW, Australia