[LINK] Proposed power supply standard

jim birch planetjim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:00:55 AEDT 2007

On 22/02/07, Stephen Loosley <stephen at melbpc.org.au> wrote:

> It appears Australia might well adopt this power supply standard:
>
> ** High-efficiency power supplies for home computers and servers **
>     By: Urs Hoelzle and Bill Weihl  for Google Inc., September 2006:

<snip>

I've often wondered why there isn't a plan for low voltage power around
homes.  Low voltage gadgets driven by inefficient transformers, left on
continuously, are rampant around the around the average home; a efficient
distributed system could do better.  And look a helluva lot neater.

The evolved system is heating plus and aircon hit, but overall a net cost.

Jim