[LINK] electromagnetic fields effect brain activity

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jan 3 01:44:25 AEDT 2007

At 03:45 PM 31/12/2006, Stewart wrote:

>Stephen comments on 11 and 12Hz claims on cellphone pulsation.

Yes, there's an emerging interest in this high-end Alpha EEG frequency,
along with the lower Delta frequency em-fields created by the body/brain.

Eg, there are signs of a Delta 'standing-wave' with a 'cortical-resonance'.

Alpha waves, imho, may look the goods for the core brainwave frequency.

For eg 'Spectral changes (amplitude) in the alpha range have been reliably
related to attentional load, cognitive arousal, and mental effort' pubmed.gov
ID 17010944. Alpha waves appear weaker in studies with retarded people.
For example 'The results of our study demonstrate that indices of alpha2SP
may be considered as objective criteria of delayed mental maturation.'
(PM ID: 16252384)

>For handsets, the science is too erratic, too bad, and many of the
>scientists are too stupid and narrow-minded.  And some of them are
>untrustworthy. In the circumstances, the fence looks pretty good to me.

I suppose. It's a pity for all science there's apparently little agreement.

Cheers Stewart
Stephen Loosley
Victoria, Australia