[LINK] Part time job offer - what is the scam?

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Jan 9 21:35:39 AEDT 2007

On 9/1/07 9:22 PM, "Rick Welykochy" <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
> We've all heard of spam emails offer some sort of job scam.
> What do Linkers think the scam is here?

Money laundering from other scams, is my guess.

Run a few tens of thousands thru the punters' accounts before you move on.

Scatter these little payments through a network of hundreds or thousands of
these, and hope the pattern doesn't show up on TRAC.

Or this part...

> Initially for a test period we provide 2-3 payments per week, and then
> you can open one or more accounts in other banks and earn $450-$750 AUD per
> day.

... could be the trust-builder before a bigger sting to come later.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia