[LINK] Part time job offer - what is the scam?

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Jan 9 23:23:51 AEDT 2007

Oh this one is easy!  Money Laundering!

You get deposits into your bank account in small numbers that fall below
the global $10,000 limit that requires auditing.

No one really cares about $2000 here or there, especially when it's random
cash deposits, wire transfers or Western Unions.

You withdrawal the money in your currency and then deposit the money into
another bank account which is then withdrawn by another person similar to
yourself, and so it goes three or four times till the last person in the
short chain is the final recpient, generally in a foreign country.

The whole reason for "opening other bank accounts with other banks" is to
further dilute the thread, get you sucked into loving the fact that $250 a
day now becomes four bank accounts of $1000 a day and voila!  You are a
Money Launderer.

Sadly you are not protected by law if you are caught in the thread when it
is uncovered.

There have been some people in Australia who have built this up to 15 bank
accounts in various names (Mum, Dad, Child, Cousin etc) moving cash around
daily for several months, then they get caught and sadly you are guilty of
an offence, even though you know nothing about it.  Jail sentences have
been handed down - WITHOUT BAIL prior to hearing.

I need say no more.