[LINK] Re: Link Digest, Vol 170, Issue 19

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri Jan 12 07:15:03 AEDT 2007

On 11/01/2007, at 6:57 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:

>  There is clearly some affect of "mind" here.  You don't have to
> postulate anything non-physical for that.

Feedback loops. Hormones and neurotransmitters affect mental states.
Mental states alter production of hormones and neurotransmitters.
Both affect other bodily systems. And the external environment can
change the equation.

It's not rocket science to know that the effects on your health will
be different if you are in Guantanamo Bay or the bosom of your family
all other things being equal. Stress affect mood, mood affects health.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au