[LINK] brain/healing stuff

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri Jan 12 07:18:20 AEDT 2007

On 11/01/2007, at 8:02 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> The brain uses an unbelievable amount of our energy (calories/
> kilojoules) intake per day.

20% of the bodies energy

> So when we sleep,  the brain and the body are less active, so the
> brain recharges and body repairs are taking place because we aren't
> moving as much and we certainly aren't thinking. Does that make sense?

Lots of ideas and theories at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Sleep#Theories_regarding_the_function_of_sleep>

> (waiting for Tony's directive to move this to unlink -- but of
> course this is probably still the final stages of silly season, so
> maybe he's not so concerned, but I'd imagine some members are)

An interesting discussion. I got sucked in but I guess we should
unlink it.

The unlink list is run by macjordomo software. To subscribe to unlink
send the following message to macjordomo at tony-barry.emu.id.au -
SUBSCRIBE unlink Your_FirstName Your_LastName

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au