[LINK] Australian internet problems

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Sat Jul 7 00:08:42 AEST 2007

Soul had a critical failure in all connections of theirs in Equinix Sydney
Datacentre taking out thousands of customers... probably in the tens of
thousands.  Four ISP's (and a couple of non-ISP's) I manage the networks for
were seriously effected as the size of the transit they have with Soul is
significant and backup links barely coped.  The outage seemed to go for an
hour or two.  No word on what actually happened though.

There was talk of other network failures in Brisbane and Melbourne today as
well... but it could have been coincidence.

...Skeeve

--
Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
eintellego, General Manager