[LINK] Re: World's first, ACCC initiates Google legal proceedings

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jul 20 10:14:55 AEST 2007

At 08:34 AM 20/07/2007, Karl Schaffarczyk wrote:
>Stickybeek
>Look for your car online
>Choose from 1000s of listings.
>
>and what makes it *NOT* OK in this case and why the ACCC are
>persuing it, is that when a user clicked on the ad, it led the
>browser to the trading post website!
>
>As I understand the case, no-one would have been complaining if the
>paid ad had said it was the trading post.
>
>I think the ABC covered this case on news radio.

One other point from this guy was that the spelling was different
somehow, but he didn't say how - whether beek to beak or vice versa.
He was also miffed that they had raised the alarm in the first place
and the ACCC wasn't including them in the case.

Jan

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005