[LINK] Sensis media adserving

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Mon Jul 23 11:11:55 AEST 2007

At 08:03 AM 23/07/2007, you wrote:
>Linkers,
>
>I have mentioned before that I increasingly encounter sites that end
>up hung during loading, while they wait for distant ad servers that
>have nothing at all to do with the content I'm trying to view. I
>think it must be a combination of factors including the iiNet
>connection (because some sites that are flaky at home are okay at
>the office, on the same machine).

Richard I have Zapper installed on my proxy server and specifically
have an ACL to prevent anything from sensis or telstra being
requested through my servers.

Zapper just sends back a text or graphic "This Ad is zapped" and that's it :)

It has reduced hanging from bad javascript or even sites that try and
push JAVA ads to me.  Done.  I don't see them :)