[LINK] seen on a list [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Tue Jun 5 11:46:59 AEST 2007

Hi Karl,

On 05/06/2007, at 10:45 AM, Karl Auer wrote:

> This message is being BCC-ed to the company involved.
>
> Just saw this on a mailing list.:
>
> "This email (including any attachments) is only for the intended named
> recipient/s and may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the
.
.

> What a stupid, stupid email footer.

Nice rant, and completely correct.  But correctness means nothing
these days...

I had to implement the "disclaimer" here where I work.  I argued
strenuously against it citing lots of sources explaining how it
actually hurts the organisation and does not provide any protection
for the organisation, however I was overruled by one line.  "AGIMO
thinks its a good idea so we are going to do it".

Exactly the same thing with the email classifications crap.

Nobody here thinks either of them are a good idea, but they can't
afford, politically, to go against the flow.

Carl.