[LINK] Do-not-call uses list washing

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Wed Jun 6 15:10:12 AEST 2007

Isn't the simplest thing just to send out a list of numbers with no
other details.

If someone gets a call, you report it to ADMA, a change to the
legislation to enable ADMA to obtain A end call records, and presto
you have a system that works.

$10,000 fine for each number called that appears on the list.

If someone isn't a member of the Marketing Association, then it's not
an issue anyway, because the Statutory law prevents the "list of
numbers" being used to make calls and it's an offence to call them.

Simple.

Really.

And the evidence of an offence is recorded at both ends.  It's indisputable.