[LINK] Emergency Web Page Design for Local Government

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Jun 9 17:09:36 AEST 2007

I happen to be in New South Wales this weekend, which is experiencing
violent storms. So I produced some tips on "Emergency Web Page Design
for Local Government": <http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/emergency.shtml>.

Comments and correction would be welcome. These are notes for a web
slide show presentation (there is a link to the slides at the end of
the document).

This is something I created quickly and may contain errors. I used
extensive quotes from the Wikipedia, which also may contain errors.
The Wikipedia entries on Australian emergency services were a bit out
of date so I updated them before quoting them, so I may have added
some errors there along the way.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                http://www.tomw.net.au/
Visiting Fellow, ANU      Blog: http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/atom.xml