[LINK] Some shocking news about wireless electricity

Lea de Groot lealink at viking.org.au
Mon Jun 11 09:43:00 AEST 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:40:32 +1000, rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au wrote:
> So I'll say it for MIT: something which wastes 55% of the input power
> is not even remotely useful as a consumer product.

Even more important, I think - in this age of expensive power, power
which pollutes to generate and in which the debate of "should we change
to nuclear power to cover our increasing power needs" is Red Hot, the
idea that we should throw away half the power we generate is not going
to go down well.
If the govt is about to ban incandescent bulbs as a power saving
measure, I can't imagine that this sort of supply method would be
deemed in the community interest!

Lea
--
Lea de Groot