[LINK] Some shocking news about wireless electricity

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Mon Jun 11 12:15:10 AEST 2007

At 09:43 AM 11/06/2007, Lea de Groot wrote:
>If the govt is about to ban incandescent bulbs as a power saving
>measure, I can't imagine that this sort of supply method would be
>deemed in the community interest!

I have a problem with that too.  The banning of tungsten bulbs.

They are the only bulbs that put out, naturally, Infrared light,
without having to resort to adding another light source.  IR is
important at night for illumination of areas for security cameras.

Without the IR light, the camera picks up very little and the
emissions from other forms of light sources are very localised.

Most people don't realise this.  It's also why Energy savers have a
lesser brightness look about them.  Our eyes also use mixed IR to see well :)