[LINK] Some shocking news about wireless electricity

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jun 13 22:42:30 AEST 2007

At 11:57 AM 13/06/2007, Stewart wrote:

> .  The best way to inductance charge an electric toothbrush would be
> to put it into a cup-shaped holder, where the cup was the primary coil,
> and the toothbrush had the secondary.  Then you'd have a holder and
> a closely coupled induction (high efficiency) system all in one.

Ahh . yes .. imho .. excellent idea. Haven't taken such an item apart and
don't use them actually, but, the electric toothbrushes I have seen do not
appear to have any such 'cup' arrangement as you suggest, Stewart. :-)

Although the current drain, per unit, would be small, it all adds up. Surely
your idea would be a fine marketing point.  I wonder when our consumer
energy-star rating system will extend to such consumer items rather than
just the large consumer white-goods, which currently appears the case?

> My problem is that I often don't know what month this is these days, let
> alone what date.

By the way, it's 2007.. right? :-)

Cheers, Stewart
Stephen Loosley