[LINK] The PLAN, and broadband speeds?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jun 22 17:32:14 AEST 2007

At 11:58 PM 22/06/2007, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>Seems to be happening to the Aboriginal population on multiple
>occassions....funny how shortly after there was a problem with mining on
>Aboriginal land in the NT, the Territory overroad the local
>custodians by creating new laws.
>
>and are now happy with the federal government's response.

I've been out all day, so catching up.

I had the same thought about the discrimination in this case. What
about the bashing white ferals? Anything to stop them from drinking
their welfare payments and not abusing their de facto's kids?

Re MdC's point above, did you hear Claire Martin's pollie speak? I
would have loved to be the fly on the wall when she and LJH
negotiated this one.

CM: John, you know I'll get creamed if I do anything like that...you
need a new Tampa, don't you?
LJH: oh, my dear, you are so good...want to join the Liberals? I'm
sure we could find a safe seat for you in a nice cushy NSW suburb.

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed,
there is no plant.' - JW, April 2005