[LINK] The PLAN, and broadband speeds?

Robert Hart hartr at interweft.com.au
Wed Jun 27 08:07:01 AEST 2007

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> Satellite plus TCP/IP is a problem, but if it's a choice between
> satellite and nothing?
My gliding club moved from a dial up link to a satellite link in October
last year (helped by a $1000 grant from ljh et al to offset the cost of
the satellite hardware, causing me some cognitive dissonance, but never
mind).

The performance of the satellite link is considerably LESS problematic
in terms of delays than the dial up link - so I dispute your suggestion
that satellite is in itself a problem.

However, satellite is most certainly not a long term, high bandwidth
solution for the large number of people in rural Australia as it is far
too expensive to set up and run.

Robert Hart                                  hartr at interweft.com.au
+61 (0)438 385 533                           http://www.hart.wattle.id.au