[LINK] [UK] Call for e-voting to be scrapped amid security fears

Lea de Groot lealink at viking.org.au
Wed Jun 27 11:36:22 AEST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:56:14 +1000, Rick Welykochy wrote:
> I wonder what problem e-voting systems are attempting to solve?

I'm going to be totally non-cynical and say that we have trained our
pollies too well that computerising a system = a good thing.
We've taught them that a well implemented system saves lots of dollars,
that the punters like the result and that they Look Good! (Completely
different to a rollout fiasco, of course)

Now we have to teach them that the voting system isn't broken, please
don't try to fix it...
:(

Lea
--