[LINK] Theft, copyright, larceny...

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Jun 28 11:01:30 AEST 2007

Janet Hawtin wrote:

> Of course if I was a large corporation I would want it both ways.
> I would want to spam marketshare with stuff that is unavoidable so the
> skills learned by people in my potential cash market share are pre
> aligned with my product, then I would want to wage a war on piracy to
> get those preskilled junkies to cough up the cash. =)

This part of the scheme that Micro$oft used to spread the
Windows virus (monopoly OEM licences being another).

A quote from Mr Gates:

"As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll
  get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime
  in the next decade." -- Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft Corp, 1998

Of course now it is harder and harder to ripoff a working copy
of Windows/XP or Vista and get it working complete with updates. Sounds like
Bill's plan is complete.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
      -- George W Bush, Washington DC, 20040805 (http://www.dubyaspeak.com/)