[LINK] Stolen or copied?

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sat Jun 30 16:35:06 AEST 2007

Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 01:54 PM 27/06/2007, you wrote:
>> Goodness me, without aware and critical citizenry questioning the
>> crap that is thrown at us on a daily basis from the multi-media
>> empire we would be brainwashed in a matter of weeks!
>
> too late....

This weekend I have been reflecting on what passes for
debate in this country.

The aboriginal affairs minister quips that anyone who
questions the Lib's latest moves to "save the indigenous people"
(from what? themselves? the jackboots? the Libs!) would
rather see these plight of these people continue. Or
put more bluntly earlier this week, if you are against
our program you support child abuse.

And now we have Costa's response to Flannery's climate debate.
"Flannery is an idiot." That's it, plain and simple.

No debate. You are against us - you are an idiot.

I guess if you cannot enter into a debate and entertain some
critical thinking, there is always the ad hominem attack
as a reasonable substitute.

What is really overwhelming is the seeming acceptance of
this by a majority of non-thinking citizens. Really very
disheartening.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
      -- George W Bush, Washington DC, 20040805 (http://www.dubyaspeak.com/)